Feature Event – The Sub-5 100 Mile Ride
The feature event is a timed event for road cycling enthusiasts who challenge themselves to ride at a 20 mile per hour pace as a member of a team or as an individual riding in a group. Riders must have some experience riding in a large group whether in a single paceline, double paceline, or in echelon. This is an open course to vehicular traffic and all cyclists must obey the State of Illinois Rules of the Road. For reasons of safety Time-trial bikes and aero bars are prohibited.
Registration fee for this event is $95 if registering between March 1, 2013 and July 31, 2013 and $125 if registering between August 1, 2013 and September 1, 2013. No registrations will be accepted after Midnight September 1, 2013. Registration fees go directly to the Paul Ruby Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Register here.
Cyclists ride at their own pace on designated courses. The distance options range from 10 to 60 miles with each loop beginning and ending at Hampshire High School. This is an open course to vehicular traffic and all cyclists must obey the State of Illinois Rules of the Road.
Registration fee for this event is $35 through the day of the event. There is no deadline for Recreational Rider registrations. Register here.
All payments are deposited directly to the Paul Ruby Foundation via MasterCard/Visa. Both Sub5 Riders and Recreational Riders have the option to seek donations from individual sponsors. IMPORTANT: Upon registering, all riders must complete a “Personal Fund-Raising Page” regardless of whether they intend to seek donations.
Donations on behalf of riders will continue to be accepted through October 31, 2013 and can be made via their fund-raising page. Donations can also be made directly to the Paul Ruby Foundation. For a sample solicitation letter Click here .
When registering follow these steps:
1) Complete your personal fundraising page (setting up the page is required)
2) Choose between the timed Sub5 100 Mile Ride or the Recreational Ride
3) Enter your personal contact information (required)
4) Create your Events.org Account (required)
5) Select Jersey type and size (even if you don’t intend to raise donations)
If you selected the timed 100-mile event complete the following:
1) Select the Category (1, 2, 3 or 4) that best matches your time goal and fitness level
2) Select “Individual” – if you’re a member of a team, enter Team Name. If you are the Team Captain, select Team Captain. Note: Teams that sign up with a minimum of 12 riders will have the advantage of starting as a team within their category.
3) If you are organizing a team, select “Captain”
About the Jersey:
Jersey’s can not be purchased. Jersey’s will be awarded to any rider who raises a minimum of $300 to benefit the Paul Ruby Foundation for Parkinson’s.
Please recognize that this is a fund-raising event and therefore donations and registration fees are non refundable. The ride will be held regardless of the weather conditions.
If you have any questions regarding registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org .