The Sub-5 Ride for Parkinson's
Timed 100-Mile Ride
The feature event is a timed, team-oriented, 100-mile ride, limited to 300 serious road cyclists striving to complete a century in less than 5 hours. When registering, riders and teams should select 1 of 4 categories:
Category 1 – Time Goal < 4:30 – this category contains the fastest teams and individual riders (22+ mph) and will depart the start line first
Category 2 – Time Goal 4:30 – 4:45 – this category (21 – 22 mph) will depart 5 minutes after all the riders from the 1st group depart
Category 3 – Time Goal 4:45 – 5:00 – this category (20 – 21 mph) will depart 5 minutes after all the riders from the 2nd group depart
Category 4 – Time Goal 5:00 – 6:00 – this category (17 – 20 mph) will depart 5 minutes after all the riders from the 3rd group depart
Timed 62-Mile Ride
The timed 62-mile event, limited to 100 road cyclists, offers the alternative of riding over a shorter distance. Individual riders can also opt for even shorter distances between 10 – 31 miles.
Note to All Riders
- You must register by August 23, 2015. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
- $95 entry fee for those registering between April 1, 2015 and July 31, 2015. $125 later registration fee.
- Jerseys can not be purchased. They are free to riders who raise $400 or more in donations.
- All registrations are final and fees go directly to the Davis Phinney Foundation. As such, there will be no refunds. Register here.
Incentives to Fundraise
In addition to the satisfaction of making a difference and reaching a personal goal, there are more rewards for those who meet fundraising milestones:
- $30 – Premium wrist ID band by YikesID.
- $125 – FREE admission to the Friday Night Bash (August 28, 2015)
- $250 – Signed copy of “The Happiness of Pursuit” by Davis Phinney
- $400 – FREE commemorative Sub-5 Jersey
- $1,000 – FREE registration for future Sub-5 Ride