The Sub-5 Ride for Parkinson's
Timed 100-Mile Ride
The feature event is a timed, team-oriented, 100-mile ride, limited to 300 serious road cyclists striving to complete a century in less than 5 hours. When registering, riders and teams should select 1 of 4 categories:
Category 1 – Time Goal < 4:30 – this category contains the fastest teams and individual riders (22+ mph) and will depart the start line first
Category 2 – Time Goal 4:30 – 4:45 – this category (21 – 22 mph) will depart 5 minutes after all the riders from the 1st group depart
Category 3 – Time Goal 4:45 – 5:00 – this category (20 – 21 mph) will depart 5 minutes after all the riders from the 2nd group depart
Category 4 – Time Goal 5:00 – 6:00 – this category (17 – 20 mph) will depart 5 minutes after all the riders from the 3rd group depart
Timed 62-Mile Ride
The timed 62-mile event, limited to 100 road cyclists, offers the alternative of riding over a shorter distance. Individual riders can also opt for even shorter distances between 10 – 31 miles.
Note to All Riders
- You must register by August 23, 2015. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
- $95 entry fee for those registering between April 1, 2015 and July 31, 2015. $125 later registration fee.
- Jerseys can not be purchased. They are free to riders who raise $400 or more in donations.
- All registrations are final and fees go directly to the Davis Phinney Foundation. As such, there will be no refunds. Register here.
In addition to the satisfaction of making a difference and reaching a personal goal, there are more rewards for those who meet fundraising milestones:
- $30 – Premium wrist ID band by YikesID.
- $125 – FREE admission to the Friday Night Event (August 21, 2015) in Chicago
- $250 – Signed copy of “The Happiness of Pursuit” by Davis Phinney
- $400 – FREE commemorative Sub-5 Jersey
- $1,000 – FREE registration for future Sub-5 Ride