The Sub-5 Ride for Parkinson’s – Sunday, September 8, 2013
The annual Sub-5 Ride for Parkinson’s is a life-changing event for those who take pride in their personal accomplishment and create hope for those afflicted with Parkinson’s disease.
Whether you’re a competitive road cyclist or a recreational rider, you’ll be part of an annual powerhouse event raising funds for cutting-edge Parkinson’s research.
The Sub-5 Ride – 100 Miles in 5 Hours
The featured event, is a timed, 100-mile ride. Competitive cyclists are challenged to participate in teams or as individuals to complete a 100 mile course in less than 5 hours.
Recreational Ride – 10 Miles to 65 Miles
Recreational riders challenge themselves at distances from 10 – 65 miles and raise funds for Parkinson’s research with every mile completed. Families. Friends. Neighbors. Schools. Clubs. Cyclists ride at their own pace on designated courses to enjoy the scenery, the company of others while supporting Parkinson’s research.
- The Sub5 Course and Recreational Course are open to vehicular traffic. This is not a “closed course”. As such, all riders are required to adhere to State of Illinois Rules of the Road.
- No “spectator vehicles” are allowed on either course.
The Rules – All cyclists must:
- Wear a helmet (CPSC certified);
- Obey police, course marshals and intersection monitors
- Ride on the right side of the road and NOT CROSS THE CENTER LINE
- Pull completely off the road when receiving assistance from SAG support and not impede bike or vehicle traffic
- Move towards the shoulder and ride single-file if necessary to allow traffic approaching from behind to pass
- Be respectful of Volunteers, Event Officials, Police, and obey their instructions;
- Receive food and fluids in the “feed zone” only. No hand-offs are allowed
- Be off the course by 3:00pm
Additionally, Sub-5 Cyclists must:
- Wear a number that is clearly visible on the left side of their jersey
- Properly attach the chip timer to their bike
- Use a Road Bike only; no aero bars or time-trial bikes are allowed
- Line up in the official start area, ready to go by 7:30am
- Stay behind, and not pass, the lead vehicle/motorcycle
- Stay within the barricades when crossing the finish line
Ride Date: September 8, 2013
Registration Deadline: August 31, 2013 for Sub-5 Ride
Jersey Order Deadline: June 30, 2013
Start/Finish: Hampshire High School, Hampshire, IL
Located 50 miles west of Chicago and 20 miles east of Rockford near Highway 20 and Big Timber Road.