The Sub-5 Ride for Parkinson’s – Sunday, September 7, 2014
The annual Sub-5 Ride for Parkinson’s is a life-changing event for those who take pride in their personal accomplishment and create hope for those afflicted with Parkinson’s disease.
If you’re a serious road cyclist there are 2 options for you to participate in our 5th Annual powerhouse event raising funds for cutting-edge Parkinson’s research.
The Sub-5 Ride – 100 Miles in 5 Hours
The featured event, is a timed, 100-mile ride. Competitive cyclists are challenged to participate in teams to complete a 100 mile course in less than 5 hours. The course record of 4 hours, 29 seconds was set by Mike Peters in 2013. The Sub-5/100 Miler is limited to 300 riders.
The Sub-5 Ride – 62 Miles
For serious cyclists who enjoy riding in smaller groups or alone, this year’s event also features a Timed Metric Century (62 Miles). The Sub-5/62 also offers shorter distances for those who wish to support our efforts on behalf of Parkinson’s and are more casual riders. The Sub-5/62 Miler is limited to 125 riders.
- The Sub5 Course is open to vehicular traffic. This is not a “closed course”. As such, all riders are required to adhere to State of Illinois Rules of the Road.
- No “spectator vehicles” are allowed on either course.
The Rules – All cyclists must:
- Wear a helmet (CPSC certified)
- Obey police, course marshals and intersection monitors
- Ride on the right side of the road and NOT CROSS THE CENTER LINE
- Pull completely off the road when receiving assistance from SAG support and not impede bike or vehicle traffic
- Move towards the shoulder and ride single-file if necessary to allow traffic approaching from behind to pass
- Be respectful of Volunteers, Event Officials, Police, and obey their instructions
- Receive food and fluids in the “feed zone” only. No hand-offs are allowed
- Be off the course by 3:00pm
- Wear a number that is clearly visible on the left side of their jersey
- Properly attach the chip timer to their bike
- Use a Road Bike only; no aero bars or time-trial bikes are allowed
- Line up in the official start area, ready to go by 7:30am
- Stay behind, and not pass, the lead vehicle/motorcycle
- Stay within the barricades when crossing the finish line
Ride Date: September 7, 2014
Registration Deadline: August 31, 2014
Jersey Order Deadline: July 15, 2014
Start/Finish: Hampshire High School, Hampshire, IL
Located 50 miles west of Chicago and 20 miles east of Rockford near Highway 20 and Big Timber Road.